Product Comparison Table: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro Overview
Esthetician Tip: Save time by process of elimination. Check if the device is compatible with your skin & hair color first, then compare by technology, power, safety, and other features.
|Silk’n Infinity||JOVS Venus Pro|
|Verdict:||Best Device for Dark Skin, Light Hair, or Sensitive Skin||Most Innovative & Painless At-Home IPL|
|Awards:||N/A||Red Dot Design Award in 2020|
|Ideal for:||Light to dark skin (Fitzpatrick I-VI), Sensitive skin, Low pain tolerance||Sensitive skin, Low pain tolerance, Light to medium skin tones, Full body treatments, Precision lasering for the face, underarm, arms, legs, & bikini|
|Technology:||eHPL™ technology (IPL + Galvanic Current)||Advanced Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) + Multi-Frequency Continuous Pulse Technology (MFCPT)|
|Energy Fluence / Power:||2.5-4 J/cm² + 70-400 microampere (µA) Galvanic Current||Max 6 J/cm²|
|Flashes:||“Unlimited flashes” (400,000 flashes)||“Unlimited” flashes (500,000+); the highest among laser home devices|
|Safety Mechanism:||Automatic skin tone + contact sensor||Contact sensors, ICE Cooling System (JOVS Venus Pro I); Sapphire Skin Cooling System (JOVS Venus Pro II), Custom optical filters & modes for each body part, Recessed flash window. FREE IPL glasses included.|
|Skin Rejuvenation Mechanism:||Galvanic Energy||Special SR Mode (IPL with red optical filter)|
|Skin Tone Coverage:|
|Hair Color Coverage:|
|Read In-Depth Review||Read In-Depth Review|
|Check for Discounts||Check for Discounts|
Ask the Expert: Which is better for you, the JOVS Venus Pro or Silk'n Infinity?
BY SAMANTHA WELCH, ESTHETICIAN
The more suitable device will depend mainly on your complexion.
- If you have dark skin tone, most IPL devices would be high risk for you. The best choice would be the safest device we’ve tested for all skin tones: the Silk’n Infinity.
- If you have light to medium skin tone, the JOVS Venus Pro would be the better choice.
There are extremely high risks associated with using high-energy IPL for very dark skin tones. This is true whether IPL is used in a professional setting or in a home environment.
As a result, almost all hair removal devices cannot be used on Fitzpatrick VI (very dark skin tone); very few can be used on Fitzpatrick V (dark skin tone).
In recent years, however, some high-end brands have worked around these limitations with proprietary technology that can safely be used on dark skin.
This means it can maintain its hair-removing efficacy with minimal risk.
JOVS Venus Pro
The JOVS Venus Pro is known as “The Dyson of Laser Hair Removal” with this innovative tech and award-winning product design.
It has a laundry list of custom features, including over 11 international safety certifications and a cooling mechanism that renders treatments virtually painless.
If you have sensitive skin, low pain tolerance, and normal unwanted hair growth, the JOVS Venus Pro is a great option for you.
Both devices can only work on light to medium skin tones and dark-colored hair.
We've outlined the similarities and differences below in detail, but those mentioned above will still be your main qualifiers.
- If you have deep-seated follicles and stubborn hair resistant to IPL, the Tria 4x is the only device that uses a real diode laser. It has the highest energy fluence on the market and is the closest to professional laser hair removal you can get at home.
- If you are looking for the safest and most efficient home IPL for lighter complexions, Braun's highly advanced Braun Silk-Expert Pro 5 IPL is your best option.
- Product Comparison Table: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro Overview
- Ask the Expert: Which is better for you, the JOVS Venus Pro or Silk'n Infinity?
- Overview: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro
- Pros & Cons:
- Laser Hair Removal Key Comparison: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro
- Silk’n Infinity Coupon Codes
- JOVS Venus Pro Coupon Codes
Silk’n Infinity Coupon Codes
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes. Sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
(Can’t see the codes? Some links are likely disabled by Adblockers.)
Amazon (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain)
Silkn.ca – Canada
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change.
JOVS Venus Pro Coupon Codes
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes when you buy the JOVS Venus Pro laser hair removal device online.
JOVS Venus Pro hair removal sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
Amazon (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain)
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change.
*can't see codes? They might be disabled by an Adblock.
Overview: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro
Video: Silk’n Infinity IPL – eHPL™ hair removal with light pulses
The Silk’n Infinity is one of the only three portable devices that we've found to be up to standard in safely and effectively treating dark skin. (The other ones are mē Smooth and iluminage touch elos.)
If you’ve been shopping for at-home IPLs, you’ll notice that almost all of them limit skin coverage to Fitzpatrick V or dark brown and naturally dark hair at most.
This is because the mechanism of laser hair removal, called selective photothermolysis, is very high risk for dark skin and ineffective for light hair.
IPL targets melanin, causing damage with continuous application.
Every hair removal machine's goal is to ensure that its heat energy is localized to just the target root, not the surrounding skin.
Unfortunately, no IPL or laser equipment outside of professional Nd:YAG machines and long-pulse diode can do this with dark skin tones without some degree of complications like burns.
Most devices simply can’t differentiate between melanin in the hair and the skin.
What makes Silk’n Infinity unique, however, is it doesn’t just use IPL but a combination of it with galvanic current.
Galvanic current opens your pores and gives the IPL more straightforward access to your hair follicle.
This process amplifies the device’s hair-eliminating ability and reduces the need for dangerously high energy fluences to achieve the same results.
This unique system of hair removal is their proprietary eHPL™ (enhanced home pulse light).
With its fool-proof automatic skin sensor, temporary pressure markings, longer wavelength, and low energy fluence—you'll have to really try for anything to go wrong using this device.
I've been using this at max level 5 and it only feels like a tiny, minute zap. It’s a great, relatively painless, and very safe option for sensitive skin, light hair, and skin tones up to Fitzpatrick VI.
The galvanic energy also gives you extra skin rejuvenation, a very nice addition especially since EMS (electro-muscle stimulation or electrotherapy) treatments like this are very expensive. I wouldn’t mind a free 2-in-1 body rejuvenation![7, 8]
That said, its superior safety measures seem to come at the expense of time and effort.
The estimated time to see results are within 5-6 months of recommended use. Quite a leap in comparison to other devices that averages 3-4 months.
This is also probably one of the reasons I’ve seen a good number of negative feedback.
If you’ve been conditioned by regular devices to see results in 12 weeks, you would be expecting the same here.
It’s important to remember, though, that ultimately, other devices aren’t close to capable of treating light hair and dark skin.
This has been scientifically proven to work if you do it right—it just might take ages.
If you manage your timeframe and expectations, Silk’n Infinity‘s hair removal system can deliver where other devices can’t.
Ideal for: Light to dark skin (Fitzpatrick I-VI), Sensitive Skin, Low pain tolerance, and people with time and patience.
JOVS Venus Pro II
Video: JOVS Venus Pro II Hair Removal Ad
This device has earned its moniker with its innovative tech and award-winning product design.
Delivering more than Instagram aesthetics, the JOVS Venus Pro offers an exhaustive list of features that makes it stand tall in a highly competitive market.
The sheer number of configurations alone provides you with precision and efficiency that very few devices can match.
Its most unique features are: its rotating head, its use of a novel IPL called OPT, 11 international safety certifications, custom wavelength “modes”, and a contact cooling mechanism.
These, and more, ensure that treatments are painless and safe even when set to maximum power.
After testing & intensively reviewing over 35 devices, the JOVS Venus Pro is our Esthetician’s Choice for the best at-home hair removal device for sensitive skin.
Ideal for: Sensitive skin, Low pain tolerance, Full body treatments, Precision lasering for the face, underarms, arms, legs, and bikini areas; Light to medium skin tones
Pros & Cons:
Silk'n Infinity IPL Device
- FDA Cleared and Approved by Health Canada, GMP & ISO Medical.
- One of the few portable devices that can be used on ALL skin tones including brown, black, or Indian skin, and has one of the broadest coverage of hair colors
- One of the safest at-home laser hair removal machines due to the brand’s proprietary Enhanced Home Pulsed Light™, and its numerous failsafe mechanisms:
- Automatic Skin Color Sensor, Recessed Flash Window – Protects the Skin, Prevents you from accidentally wasting any flashes
- Skin Contact Sensor – Protects the Eyes
- Among longest wavelength compared to average IPL devices, which ensures that it penetrates far into the skin to reach deep-seated hair roots and is safer for darker skin tones
- Brand Reputation. Silk’n has more than a decade of building innovative hair removal devices. They are one of the first companies to get FDA clearance for home IPLs way back in 2008.
- Unique cleansing box that provides thorough disinfection and allows device sharing, something actively discouraged with most at-home laser hair removal devices
- Small, light, and easy to use on small and large areas of the body
- Silver casing makes it convenient to bring for travel
- Solid customer support—Something sorely lacking in cheap, off-brand devices.
- Skin rejuvenation is a byproduct of galvanic energy, a type of electrotherapy that’s used in facials and body treatments
- Enhanced Home Pulsed Light™ has intrinsically low energy fluence. This is to emphasize safety, especially for darker skin tones. This comes at the expense of quicker results and will likely take you longer than advertised to see permanent hair reduction. You’ll need patience and discipline in keeping to your schedule.
- If you buy the cleansing box bundle and share the device with multiple people, you can run out of flashes. That “lifetime use” is really for one person. Since the Silk’n Infinity's cartridge is built-in, you’ll have to buy a new unit once the lamp runs out of flashes.
JOVS Venus Pro
- Award-winning build & product design. Known as “The Dyson of Laser Hair Removal”. In our opinion, the most sophisticated & stylish IPL device currently on the market
- Clinically tested with 11 internationally recognized safety certifications: FDA Clearance, RoHS Compliance, SGS Certified, PSE Certification for Japan, European Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection Standard Compliance, etc.
- Advanced hair-removing technology with an IPL variation called OPT & MFCPT
- Multiple safety mechanisms in place like skin contact sensors & recessed flash windows to prevent stray flashes from damaging your eyes
- Painless treatments for even the most sensitive skin with its contact cooling mechanism
- Has an “unlimited” number of flashes at 500,000+; the highest built-in cartridge available amongst all IPL devices
- Precision & ease of use with its rotating head for hard-to-reach areas
- 2 flash settings for your convenience: Automatic flashing for large areas & Manual flashing for carefully treating small or sensitive areas
- 5 Modes for each body part: face, arms, underarms, legs, bikini
- Special SR Mode for skin rejuvenation
- Incredibly easy and fast treatments with just 0.7 – 1.5 seconds between flashes
- Free IPL glasses and shaving razor
- The cooling fan is noisy.
- Its auto flashes can be inconsistent.
- More frequent sessions. JOVS recommends you do 3x a week instead of 1x a week or 1x every two weeks, like most at-home IPL devices.
- Despite its ergonomic design, it's still a hefty device to manoeuvre around your body compared to smaller models.
- No built-in storage for the IPL glasses and cords, unlike the handheld device that has its own pretty box.
Laser Hair Removal Key Comparison: Silk'n Infinity vs. JOVS Venus Pro
Consistency and commitment are essential to effective laser hair removal, professionally and at home.
Your goal is to damage your hair gradually during each session. Continue until it reaches the point where your hair is so thin and sparse that it's negligible or can't altogether grow back.
This process must be done safely, effectively, and repeatedly to get permanent results.
At-home laser hair removal takes effort and patience; that's why you need to choose a product that is effective and something you feel comfortable using.
Enjoying and wanting to use the product is crucial to helping you stick with your treatment.
We've detailed our experiences with both products below to give you as many details as you need to make an informed buying decision.
Technology: IPL + Galvanic Energy vs. OPT™
Silk'n Infinity uses eHPL™ technology, while JOVS uses a variation of IPL called OPT™ combined with MFCPT.
Silk'n Infinity: eHPL™ Technology (IPL + Galvanic Energy)
Video: Silk'n Infinity Review – At-Home Laser Hair Removal Device
The Silk’n Infinity uses a variation of IPL called eHPL™ that combines home-use IPL with galvanic energy.
eHPL™ technology = Galvanic Energy + Optical Energy.
Galvanic energy opens up your pores, so the optical energy is flashed directly to the hair strand, allowing it to be absorbed entirely unencumbered.
This makes Silk’n Infinity an effective hair removal device even with its low-energy fluence and, most importantly, bypasses the limitations in skin tone and hair color compatibility of almost all at-home laser hair removal devices.
The Silk’n Infinity is only one of 3 devices we’ve encountered in the market that is compatible with all skin tones.
JOVS Venus Pro: OPT™ + Multi-frequency Continuous Pulse Technology (MFCPT)
The JOVS Venus Pro has a laundry list of features that may be overwhelming at first glance, all seeming new and unique for an at-home hair removal device.
- Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™) – stabilizes scattered IPL light to deliver more focused and controlled light energy. It's overall more efficient, more effective, and less prone to side effects.
- Multi-frequency Continuous Pulse Technology (MFCPT) – This technique reduces the risk of sensitive skin and low pain tolerance while keeping clinical efficacy. Applying this to a home device is an excellent solution for those who can't tolerate intense light energy.
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Technology:||Device Levels:||Maximum Energy Fluence/Power:|
|Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X||DL (Diode Laser)||1-5 levels||7 – 22 J/cm²|
|Silk'n Infinity||eHPL™™ technology (IPL + Galvanic Energy)||1-5 levels||2.5 – 4 J/cm²|
|Braun Silk-Expert Pro 5 IPL||IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)||1-10 levels||3 – 6 J/cm²|
|DEES 3-in-1 Permanent Hair Removal System||IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)||1-5 levels||4.8 – 6 j/cm²|
|BoSidin Painless Permanent Hair Removal Device||Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) + Multi-frequency Continuous Pulse Technology||1-6 levels||2.8 – 8.2 J/cm²|
Note that the benchmark is reliant on energy fluence. E.g., Tria's 5 power levels are distributed over a wide energy fluence of 6-22 J/cm². This means every level has a considerable jump in intensity compared to Braun's 10 levels, where it maxes out at just 6 J/cm²
The Tria 4x significantly increases in intensity as you go from level 1 to 5.
Considering both of them use IPL differently, we decided on a tie.
Unboxing: Package Contents
The Silk’n Infinity system comes with a silver beauty case and extra cleaning cloth that you can use for travel.
The accessories that come with the unit are the same, including the mains power adaptor/charger and user manuals.
The Silk’n Infinity bundle comes with a separate cleaning box, an innovative add-on that kills any residual bacteria in the treatment window area. Other brands discourage sharing the device with others because it’s unhygienic, but the cleaning box disinfects it with every use, making it amenable to sharing.
The JOVS Venus Pro Hair Removal comes in an elegant emerald box with drawers, which houses most of the primary components. There are extra boxes included for the accessories and cords.
- Primary Components: JOVS Venus Pro unit, 6 Optical filters, Power supply cable, Adaptor, US/UK/EU/AU plug.
- Accessories: User manual with free razor and IPL glasses.
Product Design & Our Experience
Ease of Use, Weight, Portability
The Silk’n Infinity IPL is incredibly lighter in comparison, albeit slightly restrictive with the cord.
It’s made for traveling, underscored by its lightness and inclusion of the silver beauty case.
This has an internal cooling fan that sounds like a hairdryer, so you’ll want to work where you can make noise.
Although the device has a rather chunky, angular shape, it is surprisingly comfortable.
Its handle has the right diameter for a comfortable grip, and its auto-flash mode eliminates any strain while using the flash. The handle can be gripped in various ways, allowing you to work around your body differently.
The JOVS is rather hefty in comparison with the Silk'n Infinity.
When you're holding the JOVS upright or resting the weight on your legs, it's not an issue. However, I find it more comfortable to grip it with two hands when zapping the back of my knees and calves while seated.
Flashing is easy whether you have optical filters or not. Having gentle curves on the filters helps, but it's unnecessary for a snug fit.
The JOVS Venus Pro also has a rotating head that allows you to position the flashes better without turning the entire device. You can zap around your whole body without straining your wrist.
We're choosing the Silk'n Infinity as the more mobile-friendly device with its weight, packaging, and ease of use.
Winner: Silk'n Infinity.
The Silk’n Infinity IPL device is very simple and straightforward.
You only have the giant pulse button to trigger flashes in manual or ‘pulsing’ mode and the 5-level indicators at the back that you can cycle through.
The silver plate or the base electrode triggers the galvanic energy at the back, which your hand needs to be in constant contact with for it to work.
The galvanic energy, ‘gliding’ or auto flashing mode, skin contact sensor, and skin color scanner are all automatic.
Resources: How To Use the Silk’n Infinity
The JOVS Venus Pro has a lot more accessories and add-ons in comparison.
However, controls are still intuitive and easy to use once you get the idea.
There are only three major areas to toggle at the back:
- Energy Level Switching Ring – The gold knob at the top of the handle changes the energy level from 1 to 6. The higher the energy level, the stronger the pulsed light. Zero will switch the device off.
- Mode Status – These are the icons that light up on the back of the handle.
- 5 body part icons for the arms, underarms, bikini, legs, and face
- 1 SR icon for skin rejuvenation
- 1 Continuous Flash indicator on the bottom left
- 1 Cooling Mode indicator on the bottom right
- Gold Button – A bit smaller than the one in front, this button is to toggle the Mode Status icons above.
You will also learn the most comfortable way of maneuvering the device until it becomes second nature. Doing full-body treatments will be a breeze, especially with the auto-flash mode.
Resources: Operations: Using the JOVS Venus Pro
They’re both intuitive to use, but the Silk’n Infinity is much easier to operate.
Winner: Silk’n Infinity
Lifespan / Longevity
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Lifespan/No. of Flashes:|
|Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X||90,000|
|Braun Silk-Expert Pro 5 IPL||400,000|
|DEES 3-in-1 Permanent Hair Removal System||350,000|
|BoSidin Painless Permanent Hair Removal Device||500,000|
An at-home laser hair removal device will last as long as its cartridge.
With IPL devices, it's down to the number of flashes its Xenon lamp can hold.
The JOVS Venus Pro has a 500,000+ flash capacity, which is the highest in terms of lamp life.
JOVS advertises it as having “unlimited” flashes. And indeed, that amount can last you for a lifetime of use, provided you take care of the hardware.
The Silk’n Infinity trails with a “lifetime” 400,000 flash capacity. This is also above average in terms of lamp life.
That amount can last you for a lifetime of use, provided you take care of the hardware.
The lamp itself is built-in and cannot be replaced.
Promising “unlimited” flashes, we've chosen the JOVS Venus Pro in terms of product lifespan.
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
Generally, the higher the energy fluence used, the faster, more effective, and riskier your treatments will be.
Pain is one of the limiting factors to measuring how high we can go with the intensity of your laser, both professionally and at home.
Factors that affect how much you'll feel are:
- The intensity of the laser (measured in joules or J/cm²) — the higher the energy, the more painful it can be.
- The treatment area — upper lips and underarms, for instance, are more sensitive than the arms or legs.
- How thick your hair is — the coarser and denser your strands are, the more heat it will absorb and the more you feel it. This will gradually subside as you progress because hairs will eventually thin out.
- Individual's tolerance for pain — sensitive skin needs a much gentler approach over an extended period to achieve the same results as a higher-intensity treatment done in a short period
- Your skin tone — darker skin has a more adverse reaction to high energy and short wavelengths of lasers.
Both devices are almost painless to use.
The Silk’n Infinity operates on a gentler, much lower energy fluence. (2.5-4 J/ cm² + 70-400 microampere (µA) Galvanic Current vs. 3-6 J/cm²)
Our tester is a Fitzpatrick III and has been using the Silk’n Infinity hair removal at max level 5. She reports tiny, minute zaps that feel relatively painless compared to other devices.
Other patients with a much darker complexion report feeling a much stronger current, even at level 2.
The JOVS Venus Pro has a much more significant edge with its Sapphire Skin Cooling System. This assures virtually painless treatments.
It's perfect for sensitive skin.
Resources: JOVS Venus Pro In-Depth Review: Pain Levels
We're choosing a tie, as they're catering to different skin tones.
If you have a lighter to medium complexion, the JOVS Venus Pro will be the btter choice for you.
If you have dark skin, the Silk’n Infinity will be your safest choice.
Frequency & Results
As the energy fluence used by the Silk’n Infinity is low and gentle, it also takes much longer for results to come in.
It’s recommended to be used 2 weeks apart or twice a month for the initial 4 treatments, followed by 4 weeks apart for the rest.
It takes an estimated 5-6 months to see results, which is twice as long as normal at-home IPL.
The recommended schedule for the JOVS Venus Pro is 3x-4x weekly for the first few weeks. Afterwards, maintenance is performed on a monthly or as-needed basis.
In terms of effort and results, the JOVS needs much less treatments for the same duration.
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
With the gentle eHPL™ and an automatic skin color + contact sensor, the fail-safes for the Silk'n Infinity are exceptional.
- Protects your skin two-fold:
- the skin color sensor won't allow the device to flash if your complexion is out of bounds. Extremely useful since different parts of the body also have different skin tones.
- by having the flash window recessed. This design avoids direct skin contact from the energy lamp, which becomes hotter the longer you use it in one sitting.
- Protects your eyes by requiring the treatment surface to completely close contact with your skin before flashing. No accidental flashes in the open that could damage your eyes.
- Gentle eHPL™ requires less optical energy to work and reduces the risk of side effects like burns, blisters, and hyper- / hypo-pigmentation.
These elements make it leagues ahead of average at-home laser hair removal devices in terms of safety.
Resources: Silk'n Infinity Review: Safety
JOVS has received 11 internationally recognized safety certifications. This makes it one of the safest hair removal devices on the global market.
The JOVS Venus Pro protects your skin in three ways:
- Contact Cooling – JOVS Venus Pro I utilizes Dynamic Cooling, while JOVS Venus Pro II uses an upgraded Sapphire Skin Cooling System. Sapphire contact cooling is one of the most used cooling methods in clinics.
- Optical filters & Mode Status – This sets the optimal wavelength for each body part. It ensures that darker areas of the skin are not subjected to excess melanin absorption, thereby reducing the risk of dermal heat injury.
- Failsafe from Overheating – The device automatically shuts off if the IPL lamp or machine overheats. The cooling fan will continue to work even after it powers down.
The JOVS Venus Pro has even more mechanisms to protect your eyes:
- Recessed Flash Window –This avoids close contact with the energy lamp, which becomes hotter the longer you use it in one sitting.
- Contact Sensors – Requires the entirety of the flash window to be in complete contact with your skin to avoid stray flashes.
- FREE IPL Glasses – A failsafe that protects your eyes from stray flashes. There's no excuse not to use it since it comes with the package!
Resources: JOVS Venus Pro Safety Mechanisms
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
The Silk’n Infinity hair removal device can be used on all skin tones and mid-to-dark hair, as well as from the cheekbones down for both males and females.
The JOVS Venus Pro will also work on Fitzpatrick I-V, or light to medium skin tones, combined with dark to medium hair colors.
Both cannot be used on naturally white, grey, light blond, or red hair.
If you have dark skin that's out of range for both devices, we recommend the JOVS Venus Pro instead.
However, based on skin tones, hair color, and coverage of treatment areas, the Silk’n Infinity can cater to a broader range of patients.
Winner: Silk’n Infinity
- Hrvoje Glavaš, Marko Vukobratović, Tomislav Keser. (2018) Infrared thermography as control of handheld IPL device for home-use. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy 20:5, pages 269-277.
- Battle Jr, Eliot F., and Cylburn E. Soden Jr. “The use of lasers in darker skin types.” Seminars in cutaneous medicine and surgery. Vol. 28. No. 2. WB Saunders, 2009.
- Thaysen‐Petersen, D., et al. “A systematic review of light‐based home‐use devices for hair removal and considerations on human safety.” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 26.5 (2012): 545-553.
- Gold, Michael H., and Hela Goren. “The Effect of Novel Low Energy Pulsed Light Combined with Galvanic Energy for Home-Use Hair Removal of Dark Skin.” Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications 5.04 (2015): 283.
- Lanigan, Sean W. “Incidence of side effects after laser hair removal.” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 49.5 (2003): 882-886.
- Raulin, Christian, Syrus Karsai, and Laurenz Schmitt. “Complications in Laser surgery and IPL treatment.” Laser and IPL Technology in Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2010. 333-344.
- Fernandes, Des. “Treating Damage Skin.” (2006).
- Xu, Xinkai, et al. “Effects of electrical stimulation on skin surface.” Acta Mechanica Sinica (2021): 1-29.
- Feng, Yu-Miao, Zhan-Chao Zhou, and Michael H. Gold. “Hair removal using a new intense pulsed light source in Chinese patients.” Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy 11.2 (2009): 94-97.
- Alster, Tina S., and Elizabeth L. Tanzi. “Effect of a novel low‐energy pulsed‐light device for home‐use hair removal.” Dermatologic surgery 35.3 (2009): 483-489.