Product Comparison Table:
ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro Laser Hair Removal Overview
Esthetician Tip: Save time by process of elimination. Check if the device is compatible with your skin & hair color first, then compare by technology, power, safety, and other features.
|JOVS Venus Pro||ViQure EpiPro – Professional 808nm Diode Laser Hair Removal Machine|
|Verdict:||Most Ergonomically-Designed Device, Red Dot Design Award in 2020||Most Effective for All Skin Tones & Body Areas|
|Ideal for:||Quick full body treatments, Light to medium skin tones, Sensitive skin, Low pain tolerance||All skin types, All body areas including between the eyebrows & Brazilian (No IPL device is FDA-approved safe for treating above the cheekbones & beyond bikini); Stubborn hair prone to re-growth with IPL, Multi-function device: Permanent Hair Reduction + Skin Rejuvenation|
|Technology:||Advanced Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) + Multi-Frequency Continuous Pulse Technology (MFCPT) + Skin Rejuvenation||Diode Laser|
|Energy Fluence / Power:||1 – 6 J/cm²||Max 20 J/cm²|
|Flashes:||“Unlimited” flashes (500,000+)||5,000,000 pulses, the highest pulse count among all at-home laser hair removal devices|
|Safety Mechanism:||Sapphire Skin-Cooling System + Contact sensors. Custom modes for each body part. Recessed flash window. FREE IPL glasses + Razor.||Cooling System: Semiconductor + Wind Cooling (0°C~5°C), FREE therapy glasses & goggles included, Cooling gel (sold separately)|
|Pain Level:||Pain-free, minimized with built-in cooling system||Pain-free, minimized with built-in cooling system, SHR technique, and cooling gels (sold separately)|
|Pulsing Technique:||HR (Hair Removal) / Single Pass||SHR (Super Hair Removal) / Multiple Passes|
|Frequency:||1st month: Use 3x – 4x a week. 2nd month: 2x – 3x a week. 3rd month onwards: once or twice a month as necessary.||Use once every two weeks for the first 3-6 months, or until you see permanent results.|
|Power System:||Mains-powered, Corded||Mains-powered, Corded|
|Skin Tone Coverage:|
|Hair Color Coverage:|
|Read In-Depth Review||Read In-Depth Review|
|Check for Discounts||Check for Discounts|
Ask the Expert: Which is better for you, the JOVS Venus Pro or ViQure EpiPro?
BY SAMANTHA WELCH, ESTHETICIAN
The JOVS Venus Pro is a popular IPL device for its award-winning product design, while the ViQure EpiPro holds its ground as a prominent at-home laser hair removal solution designed for both home and salons.
JOVS Venus Pro
The JOVS Venus Pro was awarded the Red Dot Design Award in 2020, and is known as “The Dyson of Laser Hair Removal”.It's sleek metallic finish and innovative 330° ergonomic rotating head make it extremely popular on social media.
It's also backed by 11 internationally recognized safety certifications, guaranteeing efficacy and user safety.
The JOVS Venus Pro is our Esthetician's Choice for the most ergonomically designed at-home laser hair removal.
ViQure DepiMini – Diode Laser Machine
The ViQure EpiPro is also made for both home and commercial use. It therefore boasts a more comprehensive set of controls, allowing users to customize treatment settings to their preference. This device can be used on all skin tones, all hair colors, and all body parts—something no other IPL device can do.
The ViQure EpiPro is our Esthetician’s Choice for the overall best at-home laser hair removal device.
There are pros and cons to both, but the machine built for commercial use takes the lead in power, versatility, coverage, and durability. The ViQure EpiPro ‘s use of a diode laser gives it precision and range no IPL device can match.
Only downside is its price, which is higher than that of the JOVS Venus Pro.
And while it may be cheap compared to professional machines that go from $5,000 to $20,000 USD, the ViQure EpiPro is an investment for a home use device. (I'd recommend buying when a coupon is available.)
However, if you have the budget, the ViQure EpiPro is the most effective and efficient at-home laser hair removal device you can buy.
Most devices promise similar results to a professional laser, but this is your chance to use a machine actually used in a salon.
When used for personal use, the advantages the ViQure EpiPro will give you are, bar none, the most you'll ever get out of at-home laser hair removal.
We've outlined the similarities and differences below in detail, but those mentioned above will still be your main qualifiers.
- Silk'n Infinity – If you have sensitive skin and a dark complexion incompatible with most laser hair removal, this is our choice for the gentlest and safest device for all skin tones.
- Ulike Air+ 3 – One of the most lightweight and pain-free IPL devices on the market. Ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Product Comparison Table: ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro Laser Hair Removal Overview
- Ask the Expert: Which is better for you, the JOVS Venus Pro or ViQure EpiPro?
- Pro & Cons: ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro
- Laser Hair Removal Key Comparison: ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro
- ViQure EpiPro Coupon Codes
- JOVS Venus Pro Coupon Codes
ViQure EpiPro Coupon Codes
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes when you buy the ViQure EpiPro online.
Sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change.
*can't see codes? They might be disabled by an Adblock.
JOVS Venus Pro Coupon Codes
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes when you buy the JOVS Venus Pro laser hair removal device online.
JOVS Venus Pro hair removal sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
Free accessories included: IPL goggles + Razor.*
Today's Deals on Amazon. Up to 50% off on selected items!
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change.
*can't see codes? They might be disabled by an Adblock.
Pro & Cons: ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro
ViQure EpiPro – Professional 808nm Diode Laser Hair Removal Machine for Home & Salon Use
Video: 808nm diode laser hair removal device for home and salon use
- Designed for professional and home use
- Multi-functional device: offershair removal & skin rejuvenation
- Permanent hair reduction using high-energy diode laser, not IPL. Diode laser is one of the only four lasers used by physicians for in-clinic laser hair removal.
- Less number of treatments required to see results: Diode lasers only need once-a-month sessions vs. IPL devices that needs weekly sessions on average for 3-6 months
- Effective for all skin types, unlike most devices that can only treat light to medium skin tones and dark hair
- Can be used on all hair colors, unlike most devices which can only treat dark hair
- Can be used on all major body parts, including areas off limits to most devices
- Advanced TEC (Thermoelectric Cooling) Cooling for safer and pain-free treatments
- Highest pulse count of any at-home laser hair device at 5,000,000 shots. Long Service Life.
- 3.5-Inch LCD Touch Screen for easy operations and intuitive control
- 808 nm ±10% Long-pulse Wavelength, reaches deep-seated strong roots
- Compact, durable build made from medical plastics
- Uses SHR (Super Hair Removal) Technique for safer, more effective treatments
- Adjustable frequency, energy fluence, pulse duration for comfort and efficacy
- Free therapy glasses included for operator and safety goggles client
- FDA and CE Approved Quality
- Requires cooling gel
- Expensive without a coupon. The price point is between a professional machine and an at-home device. This means it’s an affordable choice for businesses but can be an investment for individual use.
- Requires multiple passes in an area for 3-5 minutes, but doesn’t have a built-in timer
JOVS Venus Pro II
Video: JOVS Venus Pro II Hair Removal Ad
- The first hair removal device to receive the Red Dot Design Award in 2020. Known as “The Dyson of Laser Hair Removal”. In our opinion, the most sophisticated & stylish IPL device currently on the market
- Clinically tested with 11 internationally recognized safety certifications: FDA Clearance, RoHS Compliance, SGS Certified, PSE Certification for Japan, European Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection Standard Compliance, etc.
- Advanced hair-removing technology with an IPL variation called OPT & MFCPT
- Multiple safety mechanisms in place like skin contact sensors & recessed flash windows to prevent stray flashes from damaging your eyes
- Painless treatments for even the most sensitive skin with its contact cooling mechanism
- Has an “unlimited” number of flashes at 500,000+; one of the highest built-in cartridge available amongst all IPL devices
- Precision & ease of use with its rotating head for hard-to-reach areas
- 2 flash settings for your convenience: Automatic flashing for large areas & Manual flashing for carefully treating small or sensitive areas
- 5 Modes for each body part: face, arms, underarms, legs, bikini
- Special SR Mode for skin rejuvenation
- Incredibly easy and fast treatments with just 0.7 – 1.5 seconds between flashes
- Free IPL glasses and shaving razor
- Its auto flashes can be inconsistent when used for long periods of time.
- JOVS recommends you do 3x a week instead of once a week or once every two weeks, like most at-home IPL devices.
- Despite its ergonomic design, it's still a hefty device to manoeuvre around your body compared to smaller models.
- There's no built-in storage for the IPL glasses and cords, unlike the handheld device that has its own pretty box.
Laser Hair Removal Key Comparison: ViQure EpiPro vs. JOVS Venus Pro
Whether you choose to have laser hair removal done professionally or at home, consistency and precision are essential for optimal results.
Your transformation won't occur after just one session, but rather through a series of treatments over time. As this process unfolds, your unwanted hair will gradually diminish until it becomes very thin and unnoticeable.
The key to achieving long-lasting results lies in sticking to a structured treatment plan that prioritizes safety and effectiveness. When considering laser hair removal at home, it's crucial to approach the process with patience and meticulous care.
Maintaining your momentum is easier when you enjoy using the product and the process itself, so it's very important to choose the right device to suit your needs.
To help you make an informed decision, we've provided detailed insights about both products below.
Unboxing: Package Contents
ViQure EpiPro: What's Inside the Box?
- Primary Components: A compact console that cradles and connects to the handpiece, Power supply cable
- Accessories: Laser safety glasses (for the operator), Laser safety goggles (for the client), Quick user guide
Resources: Unboxing the ViQure DepiMini
JOVS Venus Pro: What's Inside the Box?
- Primary Components: JOVS Venus Pro unit, 6 Optical filters, Power supply cable, Adaptor, US/UK/EU/AU plug.
- Accessories: User manual with free razor and IPL glasses.
Product Design & Our Experience
Product Build and Design
The ViQure EpiPro has two parts: a compact console that holds its main components and a handpiece that flashes the laser.
While the main console is quite heavy, the handpiece is lightweight and easy to handle.
As a commercial machine, it looks quite clinical in design with its white base coat and blue accents. It's made of medical-grade plastic, which ensures the highest standards of safety and durability.
Both are connected by a generous 6.56-foot cord that allows you to work comfortably even when treating hard-to-reach areas.
It also features a 3.5″ LED color touch screen that helps you easily navigate through different settings and parameters. This ensures a seamless and personalized hair removal experience.
The JOVS Venus Pro has all its components in one handheld unit like most at-home IPL devices.
Our team has reviewed several IPL devices, but the JOVS Venus Pro is by far the most well-designed and luxurious-looking of them.
It has a sleek matte metal finish in a gorgeous emerald green color. (You can also get this device in white.)
The JOVS Venus Pro feels hefty and robust in your hand, and the gold dials make it look high-end.
Even the two-tiered box it comes in is elegant.
Both devices are built to last, and should withstand years of regular use.
However, the ViQure EpiPro was designed not just for home but also commercial use. Professional machines often feature heavy-duty construction to support heavy and frequent use in salon settings. ViQure also specializes in medical grade products as a brand.
Which is Better? Based on its commercial-grade design and medical-grade expertise, the ViQure EpiPro will have the edge in durability and build quality.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
Operations & Ease of Use
At-home devices should be intuitive and easy to use. These products are created this way so you can confidently perform laser treatments at home without needing expert supervision.
Considering your ease and convenience, we'll explore how user-friendly these devices are and which one seamlessly fits into your lifestyle.
The JOVS Venus Pro controls can be divided into 3 main sections: the goal dial at the top that adjusts the laser power, the 6 modes for each body part and skin rejuvenation + 2 controllers for auto-flash and cooling, and the gold button at the bottom you use to toggle between controls.
The JOVS Venus Pro‘s innovative 330-degree rotating head is a remarkable feature that enhances precision and flexibility during treatments.
This unique design allows for seamless maneuvering around contours and challenging areas, ensuring that every hair follicle is effectively targeted.
With the ability to adjust the angle, the device adapts to different body curves, delivering comprehensive coverage and optimal results.
Resources: Operations: Using the JOVS Venus Pro
The ViQure EpiPro is not far behind with its expertly engineered ergonomic grip.
This design ensures a secure and comfortable hold during treatments, minimizing fatigue and optimizing precision.
Additionally, the ViQure EpiPro features user-friendly controls and a 3.5″ LED color touch screen that simplifies navigation through settings and adjustments.
It has a separate interface for its Laser Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation modes. It also has its configurations not just according to body part but also skin tone, preferred energy levels, flash frequency, and cooling.
This intuitive interface empowers you to personalize your hair removal sessions effortlessly, making the ViQure device an accessible and user-centric choice for effective hair removal at home or in a salon setting.
Which is Better? The JOVS Venus Pro is straightforward and effortless to operate, with unique features that allow for extra comfort and efficiency. The ViQure EpiPro also excels by simplifying the complex process of professional laser hair removal into an easy-to-follow system.
Size, Weight & Portability
Size and weight also matter for comfort during treatments. Portability, for travel or use in different locations.
With a lightweight device, you will be able to target all your treatment areas without feeling strained or fatigued.
The JOVS Venus Pro is a hefty device, but it's still manageable. It can, however, take its toll during full-body treatments. I can feel its weight once I'm on my legs.
However, it's the more portable option compared to the ViQure EpiPro, which is quite heavy at 5.5lbs (2.2kg).
The majority of ViQure’s weight is located on the main console though. The separate handpiece is lightweight, ergonomic, and easy to handle during treatments.
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
Frequency & Results
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Frequency of Treatments:|
|ViQure DepiMini||Use once a month for the first 3-6 months, or until you see permanent results.|
|Tria 4x||Use once every two weeks for the first 3-6 months, or until you see permanent results.|
|Silk'n Infinity||Use once every two weeks for the first 2 months, then once a month until you see permanent results.|
|JOVS Venus Pro||Use 3x-4x weekly for the initial few weeks, followed by monthly or as-need basis as maintenance.|
|Ulike Sapphire Air 3||Use 3x weekly for the first 3 weeks, 2x weekly for the next 3 weeks, then 1x-2x monthly maintenance.|
ViQure EpiPro should be used once a month for the first 3-6 months or until permanent results are seen. Professional laser hair removal sessions follow a similar treatment schedule.
The JOVS Venus Pro, however, recommends more frequent treatments. The device should be used 3-4 times a week during the first month, 2-3 times a week during the second month, once or twice a month thereafter.
Which is Better? With its once-a-month usage and less frequent treatment schedule, the ViQure EpiPro is a better option for laser hair removal. A less intensive schedule allows for convenience and comfort while still achieving comprehensive hair reduction.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
JOVS Venus Pro – HR (Single Pass Technique)
Video: JOVS Venus Pro – Step 1 – Treatment phase
This technique involves treating a single spot or area with each laser pulse.
To ensure uniform coverage, the device should be gradually moved to cover the entire treatment area.
While straightforward and efficient, this method demands precision and considerable time when treating larger areas.
ViQure EpiPro – SHR with Cooling Gel (Multiple Passes Technique)
Each pass of an SHR laser covers a larger treatment area because it emits multiple pulses rapidly. During the treatment, the cooling gel protects the skin and keeps it comfortable.
This s more efficient and faster for larger areas, resulting in a quicker and more comfortable hair removal process.
Video: Professional diode laser hair removal using SHR demo
Which is Better? ViQure EpiPro‘s SHR with cooling gel technique is generally considered more effective and comfortable when treating with high energy levels. It allows for faster treatments with better coverage and reduces discomfort and side effects.
The JOVS Venus Pro only needs a single pass and does not require cooling gel. This makes it more convenient, but it takes a bit longer and treatments require more user precision.
The choice ultimately depends on your preferences and comfort.
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Lifespan/No. of Flashes:|
|JOVS Venus Pro||500,000|
|Ulike Sapphire Air 3||1,000,000|
Laser hair removal devices have a variety of factors that influence their lifespan and longevity. These factors include the number of pulses, durability and battery life, as well as general wear and tear.
The JOVS Venus Pro offers 500,000 flashes, which is exceptionally high for an IPL device.
However, the ViQure EpiPro is made for commercial use. It exceeds all at-home laser hair removal devices by a mile with over 5,000,000 built-in pulses. As a result, it is one of the most long-lasting options available.
Maintaining your device according to the manufacturer's guidelines over time can also extend its lifespan and ensure consistent results.
Which is Better? Featuring a commercial-grade build and a significant number of built-in pulses, the ViQure EpiPro is a better choice, providing reliability and longevity that surpass JOVS and all other IPL devices.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
- Skin Tone Coverage – The JOVS Venus Pro is compatible with Fitzpatrick skin types I-V, which includes light to olive skin tones.
- Hair Color Coverage – It is compatible with naturally dark to brown hair colors.
- Treatment Areas – For both men and women, the JOVS Venus Pro can be used from the cheek line downwards, including the upper lip, chin, jaw, and sideburns. Like with other IPL devices, this is not recommended for a full Brazilian or between the eyebrows.
- Skin Tone Coverage – The ViQure EpiPro offers wider skin tone compatibility, accommodating Fitzpatrick skin types I-VI, which includes all skin tones. It is worth noting that most IPL devices cannot treat dark skin tones, making the ViQure EpiPro stand out in this regard.
- Hair Color Coverage – The device is designed to work with all hair colors, including gray, white, blonde, and red hair. However, lighter hair colors may require more treatment sessions to achieve the desired results.
- Treatment Areas – The ViQure EpiPro is specifically designed to effectively target all major body areas, including above the cheekbones and a full Brazilian. No other FDA-approved IPL device is known to be approved for these areas, making the ViQure EpiPro unique in its coverage.
Reference: ViQure EpiPro Compatibility Guide
Which is better? In contrast to many other IPL devices, the ViQure EpiPro offers broader skin tone coverage, including darker skin tones. It is also compatible with all hair colors, including lighter shades. In addition, the ViQure EpiPro‘s capability to effectively target areas like above cheekbones and a full Brazilian makes it exceptional compared to most devices.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
Diode Laser (vs. IPL)
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or variations of IPL are the most commonly used laser hair removal devices at home.
Diode laser technology and intense pulsed light (IPL) have advantages and disadvantages.
For example, IPL devices use quartz lamps that are more inexpensive to manufacture compared to miniature lasers.
Diode lasers, however, are much more powerful and highly regarded for their potency and effectiveness compared to IPL.
A few reasons why diode devices like ViQure EpiPro are considered more effective than IPL devices on the market:
- Targeting Specific Wavelength – Diode lasers operate at a specific wavelength (e.g., 808nm, 810 nm). Melanin, the pigment that provides color to hair, absorbs most of this wavelength and allows precise targeting of hair follicles. IPL emits a wide spectrum of wavelengths, limiting its target specificity. Having a distinct wavelength allows diode lasers to deliver energy to hair follicles more efficiently.
- Energy Concentration – Diode lasers focus their energy into a single wavelength, improving hair removal efficiency and effectiveness. Using concentrated energy minimizes damage to the surrounding skin while targeting the hair follicles effectively.
- Higher Energy Levels – Diode lasers typically deliver higher energy levels than IPL devices. In hair removal, higher energy levels can provide more effective heating and damage to the hair follicles, resulting in better results. Due to their broader range of wavelengths, IPL devices may have limitations when it comes to delivering higher energy levels, resulting in less effective hair removal.
- Professional-Grade Performance – Devices such as the ViQure EpiPro offer professional-grade performance, with technology and power comparable to those found in salons and clinics. As a result of their higher power and precision, they are more effective at reducing hair growth and delivering long-lasting results. In many cases, at-home IPL devices may not be as powerful or precise as those available in a clinic, which could result in less effective treatments.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
Energy Fluence (Laser Power) & Pain Levels
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Max Power / Energy Fluence:|
|ViQure DepiMini||Max 20 J/cm²|
|Tria 4x||6-22 J/cm²|
|Silk'n Infinity||2.5-4 J/cm² + 70-400 microampere (µA) Galvanic Current|
|JOVS Venus Pro||1 – 6 J/cm²|
|Ulike Sapphire Air 3||19.8 J / 6.022 J/cm²|
Energy fluence plays a crucial role in determining the effectiveness of laser hair removal treatments.
The higher the energy fluence level, the more effectively roots are destroyed, resulting in longer-lasting hair reduction. However, using too much energy can also cause discomfort or adverse effects, so finding the right balance is crucial.
In contrast, using lower energy fluence levels might make the treatment more comfortable, but may not be effective enough to prevent hair regrowth since it might not sufficiently damage the hair follicles.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
Any pain associated with ViQure's use of high energy is mitigated to protect the surrounding skin and minimize discomfort during the treatment.
- Cooling Gel – The procedure calls for the use of a cooling gel that acts as a protective barrier, minimizing overheating risk and ensuring a comfortable experience.
- Built-in Cooling System – A dedicated cooling system is integrated into the device, continuously cooling the skin during the treatment session. This prevents discomfort and reduces adverse reactions.
- Super Hair Removal (SHR) Technique – The product employs the SHR technique, which delivers lower fluence levels in multiple passes. This approach reduces the risk of adverse effects while maintaining effective hair reduction.
The JOVS Venus Pro is close behind with its own built-in sapphire cooling system.
|Laser Hair Removal Device:||Safety/Cooling Mechanism:|
|ViQure DepiMini||Cooling System: Semiconductor + Wind Cooling (0°C~5°C), FREE therapy glasses & goggles included, Cooling gel (sold separately)|
|Tria 4x||Skin tone + contact sensor|
|Silk'n Infinity||Automatic skin tone + contact sensor|
|JOVS Venus Pro||Sapphire Skin-Cooling System + Contact sensors. Custom modes for each body part. Recessed flash window. FREE IPL glasses + Razor|
|Ulike Sapphire Air 3||Sapphire Ice-Cooling Technology. Custom modes for each body part. FREE IPL glasses + Razor.|
Which is Better? Both the JOVS Venus Pro and the ViQure EpiPro are designed to be well-tolerated during treatments. However, the ViQure EpiPro‘s exceptionally high energy paired with its effective cooling mechanisms make the more effective option. This allows for a personalized and gentle treatment experience while maintaining a high energy fluence.
As with any laser hair removal procedure, individual pain tolerance may vary, but overall, both devices aim to provide effective hair removal with manageable levels of discomfort.
Winner: ViQure EpiPro
Spot Size & Cooling Plate
A spot size refers to the diameter of the area on the skin that the laser beam covers during each pulse or shot. It essentially defines the size of the treated area in terms of the laser's focus.
A smaller spot size targets a more concentrated and precise area, while a larger spot size covers a broader region.
The choice of spot size can impact the effectiveness and efficiency of the treatment, as well as your level of comfort.
The ViQure EpiPro features a spot size of 12mm x 14mm (1.68 cm²). The large spot size allows for a better coverage area during each pulse, making treatment more efficient and faster.
It’s enclosed by a sapphire handle head, which can cool to -5°C. By reducing the surface temperature of the skin, it reduces the risk of thermal damage and makes the treatment more comfortable.
The JOVS Venus Pro has a rectangular treatment window, with a bigger spot size of 1 cm² – 3.3 cm².
A stylish, golden-finish metallic surface surrounds the flash window. If the Sapphire ICE mode is activated, this plate also cools to -5°C through an internal refrigeration system.
Which is Better? The larger spot size of the JOVS Venus Pro provides an advantage in treatment efficiency. A wider area is covered with each pulse, reducing the amount of time required to treat larger areas of the body.
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
The ViQure EpiPro uses a fixed laser wavelength of 808 nm. Known for its effective penetration into hair follicles, this wavelength targets melanin pigment, which is responsible for hair growth.
The JOVS Venus Pro changes its output wavelength or penetration depth depending on the body part. It ranges between 590-1200 nm.
In general, shorter wavelengths are more potent, but longer wavelengths reach deeper and are safer for dark skin tones.
Which is Better? Both the ViQure EpiPro and the JOVS Venus Pro utilize laser wavelengths in the near-infrared spectrum. Both wavelengths effectively target hair follicles and reduce hair by focusing on melanin absorption.
Considering its larger spot size and variance, the JOVS Venus Pro is the more flexible option.
Winner: JOVS Venus Pro
The JOVS Venus Pro has received 11 internationally recognized safety certifications.
This includes but is not limited to: FDA Clearance, RoHS Compliance, SGS Certified, PSE Certification for Japan, European Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection Standard Compliance, etc.
This makes it one of the safest hair removal devices on the global market.
The ViQure EpiPro also incorporates several safety mechanisms to enhance the user experience. It features Advanced TEC (Thermoelectric Cooling), cooling gel, and the SHR method which provides additional protection and comfort during hair removal.
Both devices come with free safety glasses to protect the eyes.
With its larger spot size and stylish ergonomic design, the JOVS Venus Pro ensures smooth treatments across a wide range of body areas with enhanced treatment efficiency and comfort.
The JOVS Venus Pro uses an IPL variation, while the ViQure EpiPro uses diode laser. Both can be effective, but diode lasers are more powerful and penetrate deeper into the skin, allowing for more precise and lasting results. In addition, it has a higher success rate and is considered more effective than IPL.
Unlike most IPL devices, the ViQure EpiPro is capable of treating a wider range of skin tones, including those with darker skin tones. As it can be used on all hair colors, including lighter shades, it is a more inclusive option for anyone looking for effective hair removal.
The advanced cooling technology in both devices ensures virtually pain-free use, putting them apart from other at-home devices.
In the end, the ViQure EpiPro emerges the winner, combining power, versatility, ease of use, and advanced cooling technology to deliver the most effective and comfortable at-home laser hair removal experience.
- Dot, R. (n.d.). Red Dot Design Award: JOVS Depilatory Instrument. Red Dot Design Award: JOVS Depilatory Instrument. https://www.red-dot.org/project/jovs-depilatory-instrument-45456
- Haedersdal, M., & Haak, C. S. (2011). Hair removal. In Basics in Dermatological Laser Applications (Vol. 42, pp. 111-121). Karger Publishers.
- Ormiga, P., Ishida, C. E., Boechat, A., & Ramos-e-Silva, M. (2014). Comparison of the effect of diode laser versus intense pulsed light in axillary hair removal. Dermatologic Surgery, 40(10), 1061-1069.
- Haedersdal, M., & Wulf, H. C. (2006). Evidence‐based review of hair removal using lasers and light sources. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 20(1), 9-20.
- Sochor, M., Curkova, A. K., Schwarczova, Z., Sochorova, R., Simaljakova, M., & Buchvald, J. (2011). Comparison of hair reduction with three lasers and light sources: Prospective, blinded and controlled study. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 13(5), 210-215.
- Greppi, I. (2001). Diode laser hair removal of the black patient. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine: The Official Journal of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, 28(2), 150-155.
- Baugh, W. P., Trafeli, J. P., Barnette Jr, D. J., & Ross, E. V. (2001). Hair reduction using a scanning 800 nm diode laser. Dermatologic surgery, 27(4), 358-364.
- Zaferani, S. H., Sams, M. W., Ghomashchi, R., & Chen, Z. G. (2021). Thermoelectric coolers as thermal management systems for medical applications: Design, optimization, and advancement. Nano energy, 90, 106572.
- Kang, H. Y., Park, E. S., & Nam, S. M. (2018). Prospective, Comparative Evaluation of Forearm and Lower Leg Hair Removal with 808-nm Diode Laser at Different Fluences. Medical Lasers; Engineering, Basic Research, and Clinical Application, 7(2), 55-61.
- Li, W., Liu, C., Chen, Z., Cai, L., Zhou, C., Xu, Q., … & Zhang, J. (2016). Safety and efficacy of low fluence, high repetition rate versus high fluence, low repetition rate 810-nm diode laser for axillary hair removal in Chinese women. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 18(7), 393-396.
- Town, G., Ash, C., Dierickx, C., Fritz, K., Bjerring, P., & Haedersdal, M. (2012). Guidelines on the safety of light‐based home‐use hair removal devices from the European Society for Laser Dermatology. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 26(7), 799-811.
- Haedersdal, M., Beerwerth, F., & Nash, J. F. (2011). Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal technologies: from professional to home use. British Journal of Dermatology, 165(s3), 31-36.
- Koo, B., Ball, K., Tremaine, A. M., & Zachary, C. B. (2014). A comparison of two 810 diode lasers for hair removal: low fluence, multiple pass versus a high fluence, single pass technique. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 46(4), 270-274.
- Pai, G. S., Bhat, P. S., Mallya, H., & Gold, M. (2011). Safety and efficacy of low-fluence, high-repetition rate versus high-fluence, low-repetition rate 810-nm diode laser for permanent hair removal–A split-face comparison study. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 13(4), 134-137.
- Hendricks, K., Nxumalo, C. T., Makgobole, M. U., Ghuman, S., Jacobs, D., & Mpofana, N. (2023). Evaluating the effectiveness of laser hair reduction using a home use laser in comparison to a Diode laser. Plos one, 18(5), e0286162.