The Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums of 2018 – If you have dry skin, dehydrated skin, or are worried about your skin losing its firmness due to age or external factors–you’re on the right track with hyaluronic acid.
One of the causes of these issues is the diminished ability of your skin to retain moisture.
To reverse this and bring back your skin’s natural ability to retain water, re-introducing the key molecule that makes it happen–hyaluronic acid.
To do this, you’d think you’d have to go under the knife or spend thousands of dollars on ridiculously expensive products but that’s not the case at all nowadays.
If you understand what you’re looking to address, what the procedures are, and what ingredients you need; you can certainly find a solution among the hundreds of products that are out there.
Video: What is Hyaluronic Acid? by Clinical Director Lovely C. Laban GNP-C
- 1 Editor’s Choice: The Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums
- 1.1 Vegan & Organic Hyaluronic Acid Serum - 100% Pure of a 1% solution 2oz
- 1.2 Replenix Pure Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- 1.3 Vichy Mineral 89 Fortifying, Hydrating & Plumping Daily Skin Booster, Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid
- 1.4 Vichy Aqualia Thermal Power Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- 1.5 Raw Biology Organic Liquid Facelift with Vitamin C Serum, Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid for Skin
- 1.6 Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C
- 1.7 YEOUTH Medical Grade Hyaluronic Acid Serum Plus Vitamin C & Tripeptide-31
- 1.8 Vernal Skincare - Hyaluronic Acid Serum With Vitamins C, A, D & E. Net Wt 2.0 oz/50ml
- 1.9 Adeline - Hyaluronic Acid Serum With Vitamin C & Retinol And Vitamin E - 1.7oz Airless Pump Bottle
- 1.10 Organic All-in-One Zen Power Serum, 10% Vitamin C, 20% Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen Includes Matrixyl, COQ10 & more. 1 oz.
- 1.11 YEOUTH 5 Pack: Best Complete Anti Aging Skin Care System - Balancing Toner for Face, Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Eye Gel Cream, L22 Face Moisturizer 100%
- 1.12 Cosmetic Skin Solutions 5 Combo Pack - Cleanse | Correct | Resurface | Moisturize | Masque
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid has an extraordinary ability to retain moisture and restore elasticity to the skin. It holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water. It’s extensively used in skin care because of this.
It is one of the key ingredients in most cosmetic surgeries like commercial dermal filler injections and lip augmentations e.g. Restylane®, Hylaform®, and Juvederm®.
Hyaluronic acid in serums and creams have been proven to
- reduce wrinkles
- provide relief for extremely dry skin like eczema
- fortify sensitive skin
- and plump maturing or aging skin
Hyaluronic acid is also present in a number of sunscreens because it is also capable of protecting the skin against UV radiation.
Below are the best hyaluronic acid products in the market today based on specifications, consumer reviews, and cost-effectiveness.
This website is for informational purposes and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Recommendations are based on our research, results, a comprehensive analysis of the products' formulation, claims, and value for money. We make an effort to be as objective as possible and give advice in good faith; however, our reviews are 100% honest and therefore may still contain conjectures and opinions based on our personal experiences.
It’s important to know that as with any product (especially cosmetics), what may be perfect for you may not be right for the next person. So as much as we want to guarantee that these will be everyone’s next holy grail, results can still be affected by individual factors like your current skin condition, the environment you’re in, use of the product, reaction to your other skincare, and so on. For best results, make sure to choose products that are suited for your skin type and skin issues.
At the end of every review, there will be a link for you to check current discounts and other customer reviews on Amazon. These, along with some other links that redirect you to third-party sites, are affiliate links where we earn a small commission if you do decide to make a purchase. This is at absolutely no extra cost to you and will help in maintaining the quality of the site.
There are millions of products and services that relate to beauty and health. However, we have and will only recommend products or services that we have had experience with or thoroughly investigated. Our content is not influenced by affiliates but by what we truly feel will deliver value to you. We are deeply passionate about health and wellness, and one of our goals is to help you make educated choices so you can get closer to your #skincare goals. 🙂
Thank you for visiting and here’s to being the best version of yourself!
Editor’s Choice: The Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums
If you have concerns about skin sensitivity, it’s best to buy products with basic formulations. This way, you reduce the chances of irritation.
If you’re always on the go and would like a holy grail hyaluronic acid product that combines a laundry list of benefits in a bottle, go with formulations that are suited for your skin type and has ingredients that can address your skin concerns.
The below products are primarily focused on hyaluronic acid so it’s main job is to erase fine lines, plump and firm the skin, and minimize pores. Other complementary ingredients, however, are added to give your skin a boost in areas where you need them.
Dermatologist tip for serums: Damp skin is more permeable than dry skin. For maximum absorption, make sure to apply serums on damp, freshly cleansed face.
- Cosmetic Skin Solutions | Skin Care. (2018).
- Dermatology Times. (2016). Skin barrier benefits of sunflower seed oil.
- Drugs.com. (2016). Restylane: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects – Drugs.com.
- Fda.gov. (2016). HYLAFORM – INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE – USA
- Fda.gov. (2016). Soft Tissue Fillers Approved by the Center for Devices and Radiological Health.
- Home – Raw Biology. (2018).
- Juvederm.com. (2016). Collection of Dermal Fillers | JUVÉDERM®.
- Mario Badescu. (2018).
- Pavicic T, e. (2016). Efficacy of cream-based novel formulations of hyaluronic acid of different molecular weights in anti-wrinkle treatment. – PubMed – NCBI.
- Papakonstantinou, E., Roth, M. and Karakiulakis, G. (2012). Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging. Dermato-Endocrinology, 4(3), pp.253-258.
- Organics, P. (2018). Passport to Organics.
- Sublime NATURALS®. (2018).
- The Huffington Post. (2013). What It Takes To Wake Up Gorgeous Like Miranda Kerr.
- Topix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Medical Grade Skin Care Solutions Dispensed by Physicians. (2018).
- Vernal Beauty – Anti Aging Skin Care For Face. Moisturizers, Serums. (2018).
- Vichy Skin Care | Vichy Laboratories. (2018).
- YEOUTH Natural Anti Aging Skin Care and Essential Oils. (2018).