The Best Glycolic Acid Lotions & Creams – A glycolic lotion or cream is one of the most effective ways to treat dull, pigmented, and acne-prone skin.
This type of acid or AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) penetrates through the upper layer of the skin and works to constantly replace and rejuvenate the skin. It increases the production of elastin and collagen, as well as reduce hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. The anti-aging effects of AHAs have been proven time and time again through rigorous clinical studies.
The benefit of using a glycolic acid lotion against having regular chemical peels is a gradual process that has zero downtime. There will be no visible flaking as long as the skin is hydrated and moisturized with every use.
It is also essential that glycolic acid creams are used in combination with gentle ingredients as much as possible in order to avoid any irritation or side-effects on the skin.
Recommended Skincare Routine with Glycolic Acid Lotion:
- Use gentle and soap-free cleansers to avoid irritations. If you choose cleansers for sensitive skin, you won’t go wrong.
- In the morning, the skin needs protection from the sun not just as a general rule but also because glycolic acid increases the skin’s hypersensitivity to the sun. Apply a minimum 30 SPF.
- In the evening, the skin sets out to naturally repair itself. Apply the glycolic acid lotion right after cleansing to maximize its effect.
If you have very sensitive skin, you may want to start out using the product every other day instead of daily. You can increase the frequency and dosage over time as you see fit.
Video: 20% Glycolic Acid Lotion – If you want to LOOK YOUNGER, you HAVE to EXFOLIATE!
This website is for informational purposes and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Recommendations are based on our research, results, a comprehensive analysis of the products' formulation, claims, and value for money. We make an effort to be as objective as possible and give advice in good faith; however, our reviews are 100% honest and therefore may still contain conjectures and opinions based on our personal experiences.
It’s important to know that as with any product (especially cosmetics), what may be perfect for you may not be right for the next person. So as much as we want to guarantee that these will be everyone’s next holy grail, results can still be affected by individual factors like your current skin condition, the environment you’re in, use of the product, reaction to your other skincare, and so on. For best results, make sure to choose products that are suited for your skin type and skin issues.
At the end of every review, there will be a link for you to check current discounts and other customer reviews on Amazon. These, along with some other links that redirect you to third-party sites, are affiliate links where we earn a small commission if you do decide to make a purchase. This is at absolutely no extra cost to you and will help in maintaining the quality of the site.
There are millions of products and services that relate to beauty and health. However, we have and will only recommend products or services that we have had experience with or thoroughly investigated. Our content is not influenced by affiliates but by what we truly feel will deliver value to you. We are deeply passionate about health and wellness, and one of our goals is to help you make educated choices so you can get closer to your #skincare goals. 🙂
Thank you for visiting and here’s to being the best version of yourself!
- 1 Editor’s Choice: The Best Glycolic Acid Lotions and Creams for the Face & Body
- 1.1 Epicuren Glycolic Lotion Skin Peel 5% 2oz
- 1.2 Passion Naturals 6% AHA Serum with Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid, Fruit Extracts, & Peptides – L-Arginine – (30ml)
- 1.3 Acne.org 6 oz. AHA + Glycolic Acid – 10%
- 1.4 Alpha Skin Care – Essential Renewal Lotion, 10% Glycolic AHA
- 1.5 15% Glycolic Acid Cream – Anti-Wrinkle, Extra strength, Alpha Hydroxy Acid enhanced with Green Tea Extract
- 1.6 NeoStrata Lotion Plus AHA 15%, 6.8 Fluid Ounce
- 1.7 Topix Pharm Glycolix Elite Facial Cream, 20% – with Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin A & CoQ10 (1.6 Fluid Ounce)
- 1.8 Donell AHA 20 Face and Body Moisturizer
- 1.9 2% Salicylic + 10% Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Body Lotion – Enhanced with Green Tea, Papaya, Bearberry, Licorice, Amino Complex
- 1.10 Paula’s Choice Resist Skin Revealing Glycolic Acid Body Lotion – 10% AHA with Antioxidants – 7 oz
- 1.11 Glycolix 15% Body Lotion – with Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, A, E, and CoQ10
- 1.12 GLYTONE Exfoliating AHA Body Lotion – 17.5% Glycolic Acid
- 2 References
Editor’s Choice: The Best Glycolic Acid Lotions and Creams for the Face & Body
We’ve chosen the best glycolic acid creams and lotions for every available % concentration based on our analysis, specifications, value for money, and consumer reviews.
The list starts with face creams and finishes with body lotions. The strength of glycolic acid also goes up as it goes on.
If this is your first time incorporating acids in your regime, it’s best to start with a low percentage and work your way up.
- Acne.org Products – Cleanser, Benzoyl Peroxide, Moisturizer & More. (2018).
- Alam, M. (2003). Glycolic Acid Peels. Archives of Dermatology, 139(9).
- Behm, B., Kemper, M., Babilas, P., Abels, C. and Schreml, S. (2015). Impact of a Glycolic Acid-Containing pH 4 Water-in-Oil Emulsion on Skin pH. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, 28(6), pp.290-295. [Source]
- Bergfeld, W., Tung, R., Vidimos, A., Vellanki, L., Rernzi, B., & Stanton-Hicks, U. (1997). Improving the cosmetic appearance of photoaged skin with glycolic acid. Journal Of The American Academy Of Dermatology, 36(6), 1011-1013. doi: 10.1016/s0190-9622(97)80290-3
- donell® | The Science of Skin Care. (2018).
- Epicuren Discovery – Skin Care Products. (2018).
- Emedicine.medscape.com. (2016). Keratosis Pilaris Treatment & Management: Medical Care, Surgical Care, Consultations. [Source]
- Evaluation and treatment of the Aging Face. (1996). Dermatologic Surgery, 22(5), pp.489-90. [Source]
- Extreme, B. (2018). Beauty Facial Extreme.
- Funasaka, Y., Sato, H., Usuki, A., Ohashi, A., Kotoya, H., & Miyamoto, K. et al. (2001). The efficacy of glycolic acid for treating wrinkles: analysis using newly developed facial imaging systems equipped with fluorescent illumination. Journal Of Dermatological Science, 27, 53-59. doi: 10.1016/s0923-1811(01)00119-0
- Glytone-usa.com. (2017). Glytone USA.
- Kaminaka, C., Uede, M., Matsunaka, H., Furukawa, F., & Yamomoto, Y. (2014). Clinical Evaluation of Glycolic Acid Chemical Peeling in Patients with Acne Vulgaris: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Split-Face Comparative Study. Dermatologic Surgery, 40(3), 314-322. doi: 10.1111/dsu.12417
- Kornhauser, A. (2010). Applications of hydroxy acids: classification, mechanisms, and photoactivity. CCID, p.135.
- Neoteric Cosmetics – Proven Skin & Hair Care Products. (2018).
- Passion Naturals. (2018).
- Physician Grade Anti-Aging Skin Care – NeoStrata. (2018).
- Shop Paula’s Choice | Paula’s Choice. (2018).
- The Art of Skin Perfection – Perfect Image. (2018).
- Topix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Medical Grade Skin Care Solutions Dispensed by Physicians. (2018).
- WOLF, B., PASTER, A. and LEVY, S. (1996). An Alpha Hydroxy Acid Derivative Suitable for Sensitive Skin. Dermatologic Surgery, 22(5), pp.469-473. [Source]