Give dry & dull skin a healthy, radiant glow
If you have dull skin and want to brighten up your complexion, an expertly formulated illuminating primer can give you a healthy glow with or without makeup.
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer is a cruelty-free, clean primer that smooths skin texture, increases makeup longevity, and creates a subtle pearl finish for glowing skin.
This primer is a part of Jane Iredale's relaunched collection that comes in contemporary, environmentally-friendly packaging.
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer can be easily confused with the Smooth Affair® Brightening Face Primer, but this has an entirely different ingredient deck.
Both are hydrating and soothing, but the Smooth Affair® Brightening Face Primer has a host of anti-aging botanicals. This complex, skin-nourishing formula is excellent for mature skin but can be too much for sensitive skin.
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer has a shorter list of ingredients focusing on hydrating and moisturizing. This simple formula means fewer chances of sensitivities.
This primer also provides an instantaneous shimmery glow, making it a great choice to revitalize dull skin quickly.
It also blends well with foundations, bb creams, and under mineral powder.
Overall, it's a fantastic non-comedogenic illuminating primer for those looking for clean, non-toxic formulas that are good for the skin as they are beautiful to wear.
- Give dry & dull skin a healthy, radiant glow
- Overview: jane iredale – Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
- Product Review: Packaging, Formulation, Results, Makeup-Artist Tips
- Packaging, Size, and Versions:
- Product Formulation & Results:
- Key Ingredients:
- Make-up Artist Tips:
- Clean Beauty & Safety Tests:
- Complete Ingredients:
Coupon Codes: jane iredale – Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes when you buy Jane Iredale online.
Sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
Today's Deals on Amazon. Up to 50% off on selected items!
StrawberryNET – Skincare, Makeup, Cosmetics, Fragrance
Get US$10 off with code: SAVEONBEAUTY With Minimum US$80 Qualifying Purchase. Shop Now!Get extra 24%off on selected brands. Shop now for extra 15% off body care products.
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change.
Can’t see the codes? Some links are likely disabled by Adblockers.
Overview: jane iredale – Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
Verdict: One of the best non-comedogenic, illuminating primers in Clean Beauty
Best for: All skin types, especially dry & dull skin
Brand & Product Line: Jane Iredale, “The Skincare Makeup”; Smooth Affair® Primers
Type: Illuminating face primer
Formulation Base: Water-based primer
Color: Translucent white
Consistency: Creamier than most in the Smooth Affair primer collection
Finish: Glowy, pearlescent radiance
Clean Beauty: Vegan & wheat-free. All Jane Iredale products are formulated without talc, mineral oil, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes.
Safety Studies: Non-comedogenic, does not clog pores. Dermatologist-tested. Sensitivity- and Allergy- tested.
- A radiant pearl finish that can be used with or without foundation
- Smooths and illuminates skin for a glowing canvas for makeup
- Visibly softens pores and fine lines
- Hydrates and moisturizes with hyaluronic acid
- Increases makeup adherence and longevity. It helped my makeup last for about 12 hours on a typical day.
- Has never pilled on me or left a white cast
- Mixes beautifully with liquid foundation and bb creams
- Works very well under mineral makeup
- It can provide too much shine for oily skin or T-zones for combination skin.
- It does not do much to minimize some of my large pores. I would keep away if you have any sort of acne scarring. The Smooth Affair® Mattifying Face Primer will work better in blurring texture issues.
- There was an incident where the weather dehydrated my skin, and the mica left a thin sheen on my face. I put on a hydrating mist to correct this, which helped a tad bit, but I have to use an oil blotter eventually.
- For those who don't like scents in their products, note that this one has a light citrus smell. It's naturally occurring as a by-product of using organic ingredients, and it's not a strong fragrance.
Product Review: Packaging, Formulation, Results, Makeup-Artist Tips
Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Illuminating Glow Face Primer
Packaging, Size, and Versions:
The original versions of the Smooth Affair® primers came in luxurious gold colors.
These new editions are more modern and minimalist, using fresh, sustainable packaging.
With this redesign, I assume they’re trying to reflect the brand’s roots in clean beauty and target a younger demographic.
All their face primers come in a one-size 50ml / 1.7 fl. Oz, which is the standard sizing.
You only use a pea-sized amount each time, so a bottle can last you a long while.
Product Formulation & Results:
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer comes out a bit thicker than the rest of the primers in the collection.
This creamier consistency is likely because the mica adds a distinct vitreous or clear-gel luster to the emulsion.
It only takes a pea-sized amount to cover the whole face, and my skin absorbs it well.
It has a lovely, luminous finish.
It applies nicely and makes different types of foundations go smoothly, even mineral powders notorious for being cakey if not used correctly.
It’s never pilled or leaves a white cast and mixes beautifully with liquid foundation and bb creams.
Mix with a little bit of tinted moisturizer if you want a healthier glow.
It gives a soft, finished glow without looking greasy.
I have combination skin and can only use this outside my T-zone.
This primer does mature skin a service by giving the skin a healthy glow and diminishing fine lines, especially under the eyes.
However, it’s a tad too shimmery for my oily areas, even under the foundation.
It evens out my skin tone and makes it soft, but I don’t think it does much in minimizing pores or any imperfections.
It’s just the nature of illuminating products.
I would keep away if you have any sort of acne scarring or obvious texture issues.
Otherwise, it’s gentle and soft, creating a smooth base for your foundation.
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
With its new sustainable packaging
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer
A cruelty-free, non-comedogenic illuminating primer for dry and dull skin
It gives a small hint of iridescence to your skin if used with a liquid foundation or bb cream.
There was an incident where the weather dehydrated my skin, and the mica left a thin sheen on my face.
I put on a hydrating mist to correct this, which helped a tad bit, but I have to use an oil blotter eventually.
On a typical day, it helps my makeup last for about 12 hours.
I would recommend the Smooth Affair® Brightening Face Primer for mature skin, as it provides more ingredients to help with firmness and elasticity.
The Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer provides more hydration, but the Brightening one has more occlusives to lock moisture in.
- Hyaluronic Acid – delivers skin-quenching hydration and locks in moisture
- Mica – creates a subtle pearl finish for a glowing, blurred appearance
- Shea Butter – helps reduce trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) and extends wear
These are highly concentrated, so less is more.
Remember, it's easier to add a product than to take it away.
This primer is sensitive- and allergy-tested, so there shouldn’t be any problems with irritation.
Make-up Artist Tips:
- A pea-sized amount is all you need. Apply with your fingers for easier absorption.
- You can mix this with any liquid foundation for sheer coverage.
- It also works great on the eyelids and can be used as an eyeshadow primer.
- You can also use this as a hand and body moisturizer.
Clean Beauty & Safety Tests:
- Vegan and wheat-free.
- Non-comedogenic, it will not clog pores or leave a greasy feel.
- Dermatologist-tested. Sensitivity- and Allergy- tested.
- All Jane Iredale products are formulated without talc, mineral oil, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes.
The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), the most reputable organization in the world for animal protection, has certified Jane Iredale as being cruelty-free through its Leaping Bunny Program.
Additionally, PETA has recognized that Jane Iredale cosmetics are cruelty-free.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Squalane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polysorbate 60, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Citric Acid, Arginine, Tin Oxide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up-to-date list of ingredients.
About the Brand
Introduced in 1994, Iredale Mineral Cosmetics is one of the pioneers of clean beauty as we know it today.
Best known as “the skincare makeup”, Jane Iredale is the first to supply the beauty industry with high-performance makeup infused with topical skincare.
The brand formulates with powerful natural ingredients that are non-comedogenic, anti-inflammatory, calming, and soothing for the skin.
They also work with leading plastic surgeons and dermatologists to create skin-loving formulas that can cater to all skin tones, skin conditions, and types.
Their CEO and namesake, Jane Iredale, began her career as a casting director and producer in TV and film.
She's worked with actors and models and has seen firsthand the damage that heavy stage makeup can do to your skin.
Her experience working with people whose career depends on a clear complexion moved her to launch her first line of clean, non-toxic mineral makeup.
Fast forward, their current Skincare Makeup System now combines an infusion of botanicals, antioxidants, and sun protection without sacrificing color pay-off and performance.
All their products are formulated without talc, mineral oil, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes.
The line has new primers, all reformulated with skin-loving ingredients.
- Smooth Affair® Illuminating Glow Face Primer – best for all skin types, especially dry & dull skin
- Smooth Affair® Brightening Face Primer – best for all skin types, especially aging & dull skin
- Smooth Affair® Mattifying Face Primer – best for oily and acne-prone skin
- Smooth Affair® Oily Skin Face Primer – best for oily skin and large pores
|SKIN TYPE||All skin types, Especially dry & dull skin||All skin types, Especially aging & dull skin||All skin types, Especially oily & acneic skin|
|FORMULA||Hydrating, Lightweight||Silky, Invigorating||Soothing, Mattifying|
|FINISH||Pearl, Soft-focus||Bright, Dewy||Smooth, Matte|
|KEY BENEFITS||Hydrates, Illuminates, Helps prevent moisture loss||Firms skin, Helps prevent moisture loss, Helps skin's elasticity||Helps regulate sebum production, Helps prevent moisture loss, Delivers antioxidant protection|
|IDEAL FOR||Looking for a radiant, healthy glow||Looking to blur pores for a flawless look||Looking to control and mattify skin|