Coupon Codes & Current Promotions
Get the best price with the latest premium promo and discount codes when you buy online. Sales and special gifts are limited-time offers.
Additional Retailers & Discounts
Today's Deals on Amazon. Up to 50% off on selected items!
Healthy Glow Skin Store
Exclusive! Get 25% Off Site Wide with code: HEALTHYGLOW25.
Woman Owned 20% off Sitewide Coupon Code: SHOPSMALL20.
Earn 5% cashback on Walmart.com. See if you're pre-approved with no credit risk.*
*at the time of publishing. Subject to change. Can't see codes? Try turning off any active adblockers.
Additional Discount Codes + Limited Time Offers
Overview: EltaMD – UV Daily Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 40
Video: EltaMD UV Daily Tinted SPF Review by Dr. Nazarian, founder of The Skin Spot and Nazarian Plastic Surgery
Winner: InStyle – Readers' Choice Beauty Award, Prevention Magazine – Healthy Skin Award, The Knot – Beauty Award, InStyle – Best Beauty Buy, Southern Living – Beauty Award
Verdict: One of the best non-comedogenic tinted moisturizer with SPF
Brand & Product Line: EltaMD Skincare, Bestsellers
Formulation Base: Water-based moisturizer
Color: Sheer light brown
Consistency: Cream / Lotion Liquid
Safety Studies: Non-comedogenic skincare. Dermatologically-tested. Sensitivity-tested. Recommended for Daily Use by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Superior UVA-UVB sun protection from the #1 Dermatologist-recommended professional sunscreen brand
- Recommended for Daily Use by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Safe for post-procedure, including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser and IPL treatments
- Moisturizing, sheer, lightweight formula
- Has hyaluronic acid, boosts moisture retention, and diminishes wrinkles and fine lines
- Glides easily and absorbs quickly without leaving any residue
- Can be worn alone or under makeup
- Works well with medium to deeper skin tones, masks white flash well
- Has an untinted version, the EltaMD UV Clear Broad Spectrum SPF 46
- Doesn't sink into your lines and pores
- Perfect for summertime, it doesn't sweat off
- The price point doesn't break the bank, but worth the higher-than-average SPF price
Product Review: Packaging, Ingredients, Formulation, Results
Video: BEST EltaMD Sunscreens| Dr Dray
“Now, UV Daily is another similar product you can use as your moisturizer with SPF. Here, I have the tinted form. For me, personally, I actually prefer this to UV Clear.
This is a lot more moisturizing, and it has hyaluronic acid. The tint on this looks great. It's a lot more aesthetically pleasing, the tint. It's not too orangey and works well with a medium to deep skin tone. The tint is just very moisturizing.
But if you have a skin tone on the paler side, you won't notice any cast with the non-tinted one. The cast will only be noticeable if you have a deeper skin tone. I think it masks that white flash well, so try it. It's pretty good.
UV Daily has hyaluronic acid. I live in a super humid climate, so I do well with hyaluronic acid-based products. It gives the skin a nice, glowy look as opposed to that matte finish, which is a little kind of, at least for me, it's a little too drying. The UV Clear makes my skin look and feel tight, whereas the UV Daily gives it a bit more bounce and hydration.”– Dr. Dray, Dermatologist
Packaging, Size, and Versions:
EltaMD UV Daily Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 comes in a sleek, white plastic tube with a pump for easy dispensing.
The packaging is compact and convenient, making it easy to take on the go for everyday use or travel.
The tube size is 1.7 oz (48g), a standard size for facial sunscreen, and can last several months with daily use.
The product is available in two versions: tinted and non-tinted. The tinted version is a popular choice among customers as it offers a subtle tint that helps to even out skin tone.
This tint helps mask the white cast that can occur with sunscreens, especially on deeper skin tones. The tint is not too orangey, making it suitable for various skin tones.
However, if you prefer a non-tinted version, EltaMD offers the UV Daily Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 without tint.
Overall, the packaging is practical, and the size is convenient for everyday use. The availability of tinted and non-tinted versions provides options for different preferences and skin tones.
- 9.0% Zinc Oxide – This natural mineral compound works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays, providing effective sun protection.
- 7.5% Octinoxate – provide protection against UVB rays
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) – This ingredient helps to retain moisture in the skin and improve skin texture by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness. Promotes wound healing.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) – As a potent antioxidant, Tocopheryl Acetate helps reduce free radicals in the skin, which can cause signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. This ingredient helps to diminish the appearance of aging and maintain a youthful, radiant complexion.
Zinc Oxide is a powerhouse sunscreen agent that offers exceptional broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Compared to other physical sunscreens like Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide is even more effective because it protects against a wider range of UV rays. This makes it one of the most reliable options out there for daily sun protection.
While Zinc Oxide is known for its effectiveness, it's also notorious for leaving a white cast on the skin, which can be unflattering and inconvenient for daily use.
Fortunately, this sunscreen uses a tint that cancels out the white cast, making it more cosmetically elegant and suitable for everyday wear.
The tint blends in easily with most skin tones, making it a popular choice for people looking for a sunscreen that's both effective and aesthetically pleasing.
In addition to its impressive sun protection abilities, Zinc Oxide is also known for its stability and non-irritating properties. It's even used as a skin protectant and anti-irritant and is commonly used to treat skin irritations like diaper rash.
Active Ingredients: 9.0% Zinc oxide, 7.5% Octinoxate
Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyether-1, Citric Acid, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up-to-date list of ingredients.
- Contains hyaluronic acid, SPF and Vitamin E.
- Doesn't contain any harsh alcohols, common allergens, fragrances, oils, parabens or sulfates
- Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free, Alcohol-Free, EU Allergen-Free, Fragrance-free
Product Formulation & Results:
As an esthetician, I'm here to guide you in understanding your skin and selecting the best skincare products. One product I always recommend to my clients is sunscreen, which is essential for preventing skin cancer and premature aging.
Why tinted sunscreens?
Now, you may wonder why tinted sunscreen is a good option. While using one is unnecessary, there are some added benefits.
Many sunscreens contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, mineral, or inorganic UV filters. However, they can leave a white cast on the skin.
- Tinted sunscreens counteract white cast, making the sunscreen more universally appealing and allowing people with deeper skin tones to wear it without leaving an ashy finish.
- Tinted sunscreens also contain iron oxides, which protect the skin against blue light. Blue light, also known as high-energy visible light, isn't an issue for everyone. But, if you are prone to hyperpigmentation or melasma, iron oxide can protect against it. So, when you tint your sunscreen from iron oxide, you get an additional layer of protection besides just UV rays.
- Lastly, tinted sunscreens make sunscreen application easier, especially if you want to avoid wearing foundation or going makeup-free. Many tinted sunscreens offer coverage to even your complexion without relying on a second makeup step.
Personally, I wear tinted sunscreen for all these reasons. I'm low maintenance, so being able to get out the door with just tinted sunscreen and no foundation is awesome.
Finding the right tinted sunscreen
However, finding the right tinted sunscreen can be tricky because most come in only a few shades.
When selecting tinted sunscreens, I look for ones that work for my skin type, skin tone, and level of dryness or oiliness.
Choosing a tinted sunscreen that's not heavily pigmented is also essential to use the proper amount of sunscreen and still look natural.
Some sunscreens can have too much pigment that discourages people from using the proper amount, which affects the SPF promised on the bottle. So, I opt for a light tint to get the right SPF and a natural look.
Now, onto my favorite tinted sunscreen, the EltaMD UV Daily Tinted version. The original EltaMD UV Daily was my first love, but over the past year, it has started to peel up on my skin. However, the tinted version doesn't do that for me, and it's amazing.
It's the lightest sunscreen I've mentioned, and it has a serum-like texture that nourishes your skin. This sunscreen has chemical and mineral filters, making it lightweight and perfect for rosacea or acne-prone skin.
It also contains niacinamide, which helps with oil control, soothes the skin, and helps restore the skin barrier.
The EltaMD UV Daily Tinted version is a little warmer but not heavily pigmented, so it matches most skin tones. The only caveat is that if you have very dry skin, this sunscreen may not work well for you because of its watery consistency.
Choosing the right tinted sunscreen is crucial for protecting your skin from the sun and blue light while giving you a natural look.
Hopefully, these tips and recommendations will help you find your perfect tinted sunscreen.
About the Brand
Video: EltaMD Broad-Spectrum Sunscreens
EltaMD is the #1 dermatologist-recommended professional sunscreen brand, offering a range of products that cater to the needs of every skin type. Backed by its medical heritage, the company has spent the last 30 years working with some of the most renowned dermatologists in the country to develop safe and effective products for sun care, skin care, and post-laser skin care systems.
EltaMD formulates all of its sunscreens with zinc oxide, a natural mineral that acts as a shield, protecting the skin from the widest range of UVA and UVB rays. The company designs its sunscreens to be silky, blendable, and sheer, so they can be worn every day without feeling heavy or greasy.
For skin care, EltaMD offers innovative formulas that cleanse, renew, and heal the skin. Its range includes self-foaming cleansers, toners, and serums that help repair skin barrier damage. The company also offers post-laser skin care systems that are formulated to strengthen and protect compromised skin, preparing it for treatments and helping it transition safely and efficiently through the phases of wound healing.
EltaMD products are noncomedogenic, sensitivity-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free, making them safe for even the most sensitive skin types. All of its lotion and cream sunscreens, as well as its UV Aero spray sunscreen, are recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as effective broad-spectrum sunscreens.
EltaMD believes that the responsible and innovative application of medical expertise and science will change how physician-dispensed skin care products treat people. As a trusted brand in the industry, EltaMD invites everyone to try its products and experience the difference for themselves.
- Kołodziejczak-Radzimska, A., & Jesionowski, T. (2014). Zinc oxide—from synthesis to application: a review. Materials, 7(4), 2833-2881.
- Newman, M. D., Stotland, M., & Ellis, J. I. (2009). The safety of nanosized particles in titanium dioxide–and zinc oxide–based sunscreens. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 61(4), 685-692.
- Song, H., Beckles, A., Salian, P., & Porter, M. L. (2021). Sunscreen recommendations for patients with skin of color in the popular press and in the dermatology clinic. International Journal of Women's Dermatology, 7(2), 165-170.
- Lyons, A. B., Trullas, C., Kohli, I., Hamzavi, I. H., & Lim, H. W. (2021). Photoprotection beyond ultraviolet radiation: a review of tinted sunscreens. Journal of the American academy of dermatology, 84(5), 1393-1397.
- Torres, A. E., Awosika, O., Maghfour, J., Taylor, S., & Lim, H. W. (2022). Practical guide to tinted sunscreens. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 87(3), 656-657.
- Guan, L. L., Lim, H. W., & Mohammad, T. F. (2021). Sunscreens and photoaging: A review of current literature. American journal of clinical dermatology, 22(6), 819-828.
- De La Garza, H., Visutjindaporn, P., Maymone, M. B., & Vashi, N. A. (2022). Tinted Sunscreens: Consumer Preferences Based on Light, Medium, and Dark Skin Tones. Cutis, 109(4), 198-223.
- Smejkalova, D., Huerta-Angeles, G., Ehlova, T., & Dobrouc, D. (2015). Hyaluronan (Hyaluronic Acid): a natural moisturizer for skin care. Harry’s 9th Edition, 2, 605-622.